Thursday, June 6, 2013

About Reggio.Brown Photography©

Originally a sports photographer, I started with pets and people by accident while volunteering with an animal rescue group.  I use a blog to keep overhead down and costs to the consumer low.  

I live outside of Asheville, NC.  You can reach me at 828-808-8864.

Pet portraits are done differently.  To keep costs down, I don't keep a studio.  I photograph cats in their own home, using props I bring along myself.  Cats can get very stressed when taken out of their own environment and in order to achieve a great shot, their comfort is key.

I like to photograph dogs outdoors.  Playing, jumping, or posed, capturing them at their best.  So I'll meet you in a designated location and capture your best friend and/or you having fun.

My fees are $150 per shoot, not per hour.  In exchange you will get a disk with all of your photographs on them so you may choose which to print, share, or enlargement sizes.  I leave that up to the customer.






Senior Portraits








Find us on Facebook:  Reggio.Brown Photography










4 comments:

  1. I just read the story of Daisy on the Animal Rescue site. I was so moved that I Googled your name to say how much I admire you for adopting beautiful but unwanted Daisy. Your comment about trying to make room for just one more really hit home. You've inspired me to do just that. Thank you, and bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Your photography is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had hoped to do just that, inspire someone to make room for another "Daisy". She was just another grey tabby to everyone else, but to me she had a soul and depth that shined brighter than those around her. The lack of hope in her eyes and watching her spirit suffer haunted me, I just had to go back because I realized if I didn't, nobody would. Best decision I ever made!

      Delete
  3. We have two adopted indoor, older, possessive cats. But we've had four in the past, so a third should be child's play. Or so I hope! I want to find a older cat who can spend the rest of his life with treats and comfort. I'll look for one who is maybe withdrawn or shy, or the look you describe. Again, thank you to Daisy (and you!) for writing her story. You both hit the jackpot.

    ReplyDelete